Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

Hi! Today I read Where the Sidewalk Ends. It is filled with funny poems. I love it! Here are my favorite poems..


Thumbs
Oh the thumb-suckers thumb.
May look wrinkled and wet.
And withered and white as the snow,
but the taste of a thumb is the sweetest taste yet
(As only we thumb suckers know).

Drats
Can anyone lend me two eighty pound rats?
I want to rid my house of cats.

Warning
Inside everybody's nose
There lives a sharp-toothed snail
So if you stick your finger in,
He might bite off your nail.
Stick it farther up inside
And he may bite your ring off.
Stick it all the way and he may
Bite the whole darn thing off.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose...

I hope you liked my picks... Ha, ha, ha!

No comments: